The successful Driver will be responsible for delivering quality products to the designated locations within a given period of time. The driver is a very important role as a valued member of the shipping and receiving operations as they provide the final human link between our Customer and Speedling. It is their responsibility to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the delivery vehicle and must ensure the safe delivery of the product without delay or damage. Key responsibilities include ensuring all work is preformed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Safely operate company owned and/or leased truck to facilitate shipping and receiving operations.
- Operate truck for the delivery, pickup racks and trailers of nursery products and materials.
- Perform required before-, during-, and after-operation user maintenance and provide required reports.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Operate in a safe responsible manner are compliant with all Federal, State, and DMV regulations.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- Inspect trailers and other equipment for needed repairs.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations including, but not limited to, helping load and unload racks on trucks and assisting with maintenance and production when not delivering.
- Backup driver for EPS division.
- Minimum 2 years Class A Driver experience required
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- No violations on DMV Record
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Clean criminal history and drug-free.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for crew members.
- Must be a good driver, punctual, trustworthy, and reliable.
- Must have a good personality and good communication skills.
- Ability to withstand long periods of sitting and driving.
- Must be able to lift 75 LBS repeatedly.
- Must be able to work in severe weather conditions; both hot and cold.
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to take the initiative and work with minimum supervision. Self-motivated.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water, and dirt.