As a part of the Sales Team, the Route Sales Driver is responsible for sale and distribution of products on designated routes in a continuous effort to provide superior customer service and maximize sales & volume growth through developing and maintaining strong customer relationships. The Route Sales Driver also ensures product availability at accounts, including ensuring that all beverage sections, racks, displays and vendors are completely filled according to Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grow volume in assigned accounts through product sales, distribution, display and promotional activity.
- Sale and delivery of products to assigned accounts on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all accounts are merchandised/stocked according to CCBCHC standards.
- Transport, replace and maintain Point of Sale advertising as appropriate for accounts.
- Ensure proper accounting of product, cash and assets daily.
- Accurately and efficiently, invoice and collect monies due.
- Foster relationships with account personnel and provide superior customer service to all accounts through daily communication, problem resolution and appropriate follow up.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
- Maintain clean and organized back room and manage trade breakage in assigned accounts.
- Perform required vehicle checks and load checks according to CCBCHC standard practices.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On time, follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-3 years of general work experience preferred
- 1+ years of commercial driving experience preferred
- Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus
- Customer service experience preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate a two or four-wheeled hand-truck.
- Ability to operate all types of industrial power trucks.
- Must have an active Class A CDL, have the ability to operate a Class A CDL tractor and trailer, understand and remain in compliance with all CDL requirements and have a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT physical requirements.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
- Enthusiasm – Bring energy to the day-to-day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Leadership – Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; accept feedback.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
- Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
- Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and proper use of equipment, materials and property.
- Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
- New Hire Orientation
- Company’s Inter-Active Safety Training and other safety training as required
- Annual Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace Training
- May be asked to demonstrate truck driving abilities
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training and/or seminars.
- Must be available to work some weekends and some holidays.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing, if applicable, and adheres to an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.